This is a breakdown of our policies and the extra services that you can purchase to make your pet's stay with us more comfortable for them.
Please call us to inquire about booking and pricing.
Our boarding forms are available for download
at the bottom of this page.
- Each pet receives two meals a day of Science Diet food, water, an appropriately sized cage for their size and a raised bed with cozy pad to sleep on.
- Dogs receive three potty breaks per day as well as a bath with grooming shampoo and the end of their stay. Additional walks can be purchased, but are not available on the weekends.
- Cats stay in a separate area away from dogs and have their own cozy pads. Cats are let out of their cage individually once a day to stretch their legs and have a little playtime.
You are welcome to bring any items that will make your pet more comfortable during their stay with us, including blankets, beds, toys, treats, their own food, etc.
(We are unable to feed the RAW/BARF diet as it is a bacterial hazard and contains bones.)
Pets may be dropped off for boarding any time during our normal business hours. Please be aware that boarding charges begin on the day of drop off.
Mon-Fri - if before 12pm, there is no charge for that day of boarding.
Mon-Fri - if after 12pm, there is a charge for that day of boarding.
Saturday pickup is available from 8am to 2pm for no additional charge.
Requirements for boarders:
- Pets must have had a fecal exam done in the last 6 months.
- Pets must currently be on a flea preventative.
- All pets must be up to date on all required vaccinations:
Dogs: Rabies, Distemper and Canine Cough
Cats: Rabies and Distemper
Is this your first time boarding with us?
An exam is required before a new client can board with us. Our doctors love to meet with new pets and thier owners and learn more about them before they stay. Up to date records from your pet's veterinarian must also be provided.
All these vaccinations, exams and preventatives can be purchased along with your boarding at the time of your dropping off your pet. Please ask the receptionist for an estimate of total charges for services needed.
Illness exams are available for an additional charge while your pet is boarding with us. General estimates for the type of illness can be provided at the time of the drop off but there may be some variations of charges, so please let us know if you wish to be contacted prior to treatment.
If your pet becomes ill during his/her stay with us we will attempt to contact you at the emergency number provided, however, by signing the boarding permission form you give us permission to treat your pet at your expense if we cannot get in contact with you.
Boarding is also the perfect time for ultrasonic cleaning and polishing of your pet's teeth. Ask a receptionist for an estimate on the current price of this service.
Higgins Animal Clinic offers our boarding form online so you can complete it in the convenience of your own home or office.
- If you do not already have AdobeReader® installed on your computer, Click Here to download.
- Download the necessary form(s), print it out and fill in the required information.
- Bring it with you to your boarding appointment.