Lovely as they are, some plants are poisonous to pets if ingested.  Many plants cause toxicity in animals, but the ones listed below are some of the most common - and some can even be deadly.  Ingesting just a few petals, leaves, seeds or parts of the bulb can be fatal to pets.  Be a garden guardian and keep these plants out of your home and yard.

If you suspect that your pet has ingested any of these plants,
call Pet Poison Helpline immediately at 800.213.6680
(a $35 fee is billed by Pet Poison Helpline).

Autumn CrocusAutumn Crocus
Severe vomiting
Gastrointestinal bleeding
Liver and kidney damage
Shock



AzaleaAzalea
Vomiting
Diarrhea
Drooling
Coma and death

Cyclamen
Severe vomiting
Drooling
Diarrhea
Heart arrhythmias





HyacinthHyacinth/Tulip Bulbs
Severe vomiting
Diarrhea
Drooling





KalanchoeKalanchoe
Vomiting
Diarrhea
Heart arrhythmias
Neurologic signs


 

Oleander
Severe vomiting
Abnormal heart rate
Shock
Weakness
Death

Sago Palm
Vomiting
Bloody stools
Damage to the stomach lining
Severe liver failure
Death


LilyLily
Highly toxic to cats
Severe kidney failure







DaffodilDaffodil Bulbs

Severe vomiting
Diarrhea
Abdominal pain
Abnormal heart rate
Changes in respiration






Baits and fertilizers

In addition to poisonous plants, keep pest baits, blood meal, bone meal, insecticides and fertilizers away from pets.